- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Areas We Cover
- Helpful Info
- Top Tips for Being a Good Nanny
- What is a Nanny Expected to Do? Responsibilities and Activities
- Are Nannies Ofsted Registered?
- What is the Difference Between Nannying and Babysitting?
- What is Basic Housekeeping?
- How Should a Nanny Discipline a Child?
- Employing a Nanny: a Tax Guide for Parents
- How to Be a Good Nanny, and What to Expect From a Childcare Job
- What Insurance Do I Need to Be a Chauffeur?
- Transferable Skills from Nannying
- Housekeeping Skills Checklist: What Do Housekeepers Need?
- Interview Questions for Parents to Ask Nannies
- How to Write a Nannying CV
- What is the Cost of a Nanny Per Day?
- Becoming a Nanny in England
- What Types of Household Staff Are There?
- Things to Get Your Nanny for Christmas
- Do Nannies Get Paid for Holidays?
- What Does “Live-Out Nanny” Mean?
- How Many Children Can a Nanny Look After?
- What Qualifications Do You Need to Become a Nanny?
- Essential Coronavirus Resources for Children and Families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- A Parent’s Guide To Employing A Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
- What Ages Do Nannies Look After?
- What Does a Full-Time Housekeeper Do?
- How to Find a Nanny Near Me
- DBS Nanny UK Checks: Are They Required?
- What Does a Nanny Need in a ‘Toolkit’?
- When Should Nannies Inquire About Pay?
- Can I Pay for Childcare Through My Business?
5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
When you invite a professional nanny into your home to care for your children, it’s important that they get on with your family and ‘fit’ in with your home life. This article will explore some of the key signs that your nanny is a perfect fit for your family.
1. Your nanny is creative and fun
A good nanny will encourage creativity and your children’s development within their care duties, ensuring that any activities can also be learning experiences.
2. Your children count them as a member of your family
Your nanny spends so much time with you and your family that your children count them as a member of your family. As a result, your children are always relaxed and comfortable around them and can be their true selves, without being withdrawn or quiet.
3. They’re a consistent feature in the lives of your children
Children respond well to discipline and having structure within their lives, so it’s important to ensure that there isn’t a ‘churn’ of nannies through your home to prevent a feeling of upheaval within your children. When your nanny is a perfect fit, your children are comfortable with their presence.
4. You often miss them when they’re not there
When your nanny is on holiday or away from the home, you and your family feel like you miss their company.
5. There is open communication between nanny and employer
This one goes without saying, but it’s essential that your nanny turns up on time and is open when communicating with your family - from parents to children. Having open and honest communication lines between yourselves and your nanny is crucial when they’ll become such an important member of your family.
If you are looking for a nanny in Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Nannies Matter on 0800 121 4881 or complete our online contact form and we’ll be in touch.