- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Areas We Cover
- Helpful Info
- Top Tips for Being a Good Nanny
- What is a Nanny Expected to Do? Responsibilities and Activities
- Are Nannies Ofsted Registered?
- What is the Difference Between Nannying and Babysitting?
- What is Basic Housekeeping?
- How Should a Nanny Discipline a Child?
- Employing a Nanny: a Tax Guide for Parents
- How to Be a Good Nanny, and What to Expect From a Childcare Job
- What Insurance Do I Need to Be a Chauffeur?
- Transferable Skills from Nannying
- Housekeeping Skills Checklist: What Do Housekeepers Need?
- Interview Questions for Parents to Ask Nannies
- How to Write a Nannying CV
- What is the Cost of a Nanny Per Day?
- Becoming a Nanny in England
- What Types of Household Staff Are There?
- Things to Get Your Nanny for Christmas
- Do Nannies Get Paid for Holidays?
- What Does “Live-Out Nanny” Mean?
- How Many Children Can a Nanny Look After?
- What Qualifications Do You Need to Become a Nanny?
- Essential Coronavirus Resources for Children and Families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- A Parent’s Guide To Employing A Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
- What Ages Do Nannies Look After?
- What Does a Full-Time Housekeeper Do?
- How to Find a Nanny Near Me
- DBS Nanny UK Checks: Are They Required?
- What Does a Nanny Need in a ‘Toolkit’?
- When Should Nannies Inquire About Pay?
- Can I Pay for Childcare Through My Business?
If you are looking for a nanny housekeeper that can look after your children as well as provide housekeeping services, Nannies Matter can help you. We offer two services in this area - nanny housekeepers and housekeeper nannies. Each role is slightly different, supporting families in different ways.
For more than two decades, we have been matching nannies and housekeepers to fulfill certain roles in the home to give you more free time to spend together as a family rather than doing housework and worrying about how your child is going to be taken care of.
If you’re looking for a nanny that also provides housekeeping services, get in touch with Nannies Matter today to discuss your requirements. You can contact us by calling 0800 121 4881 or by filling in our online enquiry form
What is a nanny housekeeper?
A nanny housekeeper will usually provide care for children aged up to 12 years old, alongside domestic duties, making them ideal for busy families that need an extra pair of hands. The role is flexible, leaving you and your family to decide on their duties based on what suits you, so you have more time to spend elsewhere
A nanny housekeeper can either be solely responsible for the care of children, work alongside you, or mainly focus on housekeeping and only provide child care when you are otherwise occupied. A nanny housekeeper with sole responsibility for your children will complete household tasks when the children are at school or nursery, or around their schedule, giving you full support with all aspects of your life and home.
The duties of a nanny housekeeper include:
- Preparing children for school
- Taking care of the school drop off and pick up
- Supervising homework
- Arranging playdates
- Organising appointments
- Taking care of laundry for the family
- Preparing meals
- Keeping the house tidy
- Managing any tradespeople working at the house
Nanny housekeepers specialising in working with younger children will combine their cleaning duties with nursery duties. Young children can make a lot of mess, so having a professional cleaner and the perfect nanny rolled into one can help in multiple ways.
The duties undertaken by a nanny housekeeper are at your discretion, and we will discuss your requirements during the consultation process to ensure we find the right candidate for you and your family.
How Does a Housekeeper Nanny Differ?
A housekeeper nanny shares many of the duties of a nanny housekeeper, but is focused more on maintaining the home, with childcare support provided as and when it is required. While nanny housekeepers may pick up some basic housekeeping duties as part of their day-to-day nanny duties, housekeeper nannies agree to do so as part of their contracted work, meaning they are better qualified in housekeeping and will spend more of their working hours doing so.
Some of the unique aspects of housekeeper nanny roles include:
- Gentler childminding rather than closer-working childcare
- Working with older children, usually aged 13 to 18
- A greater focus on household chores
The duties undertaken by housekeeper nannies are flexible to suit your and your family’s needs to help make life that little bit easier. During the consultation process, we will talk about your requirements so we can find the right candidate for your home.
What are the Typical Working Hours of Nanny Housekeepers?
Both nanny housekeepers and housekeeper nannies’ working hours are tailored towards your family’s arrangements. From traditional nine-to-five services or after-school support only, we will find a candidate that suits you and fits into your schedule with ease. We can discuss your requirements with you during our consultation process. Let us know how a nanny can support you and your family and we will work together to make this happen.
If you are looking for a nanny who can provide closer care than a typical live-out nanny housekeeper might be able to, take a look at our live-in nanny service. A live-in nanny may be better for families with young children with more hours required for their support and healthy development.
Why Hire a Nanny Housekeeper?
Hiring a nanny housekeeper gives you more time to enjoy time together as a family and allows you to spend less time coming home from work to cook and clean. If you work long hours and feel you don’t have enough time to keep your house organised, a nanny housekeeper is the perfect solution for you. The role is flexible and Nannies Matter can help you source a suitable nanny that can fit into your lifestyle and fulfil your personal needs. Whether you require full-time care of your little ones, need assistance with general life administration, or want someone who’s able to do domestic chores around the home; we’re confident that one of our nannies will bring balance to your life.
Why Nannies Matter is right for your family
When looking for domestic help, it is important to feel confident that you can entrust your home to somebody who understands your and your household’s needs. Unlike many other agencies that simply let you know who they have on their books, we will take the time to listen to exactly what you are looking for so we can find the right candidate for you. During the recruiting process, we will only put forward nanny housekeepers who match your exact criteria, so your time is not wasted.
We pride ourselves on delivering high standards which have been recognised by clients who use our services time and time again and recommend us to friends, neighbours, and family.
For more information about our services, take a look at our FAQs.