- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Helpful Info
- Essential coronavirus resources for children and families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- Employing a Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
- Areas We Cover
If you are looking for a nanny housekeeper that can look after your children as well as provide housekeeping services, Nannies Matter can help you.
For more than two decades, we have been matching nannies and housekeepers to fulfill certain roles in the home to give you more free time to spend together as a family rather than doing housework and worrying about how your child is going to be taken care of.
If you’re looking for a nanny that also provides housekeeping services, get in touch with Nannies Matter today to discuss your requirements. You can contact us by calling 0800 121 4881 or by filling in our online enquiry form.
What is a nanny housekeeper?
A nanny housekeeper will usually provide care for children aged up to 12 years old, alongside domestic duties. The role is flexible, leaving you and your family to decide on their duties based on what suits you, so you have more time doing the things you would rather be doing.
This means a nanny housekeeper can either be solely responsible for the care of children, work alongside you, or mainly focus on housekeeping and only provide child care when you are otherwise occupied. A nanny housekeeper with sole responsibility for your children will complete household tasks when the children are at school or nursery, or around their schedule.
The duties of a nanny housekeeper include:
- Preparing children for school
- Taking care of the school drop off and pick up
- Supervising homework
- Arranging playdates
- Organising appointments
- Taking care of laundry for the family
- Preparing meals
- Keeping the house tidy
- Managing any tradespeople working at the house
The duties undertaken by a nanny housekeeper are at your discretion, and we will discuss your requirements during the consultation process to ensure we find the right candidate for you and your family.
What is a housekeeper nanny?
A housekeeper nanny typically works with families that have children aged between 13 and 18 years old. Due to the older age of the children, this means a housekeeper nanny’s routine will largely be focused on maintaining the home, with childcare support provided as and when it is required.
- Duties you can expect your housekeeper nanny to undertake include:
- Cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and polishing
- Washing, drying and ironing laundry
- Food preparation, cooking and clearing up
- Assistance with shopping and running errands
- Helping look after the children
- Completing the school run
- Childminding when parents are occupied
- Managing tradespeople visiting the house
The duties undertaken by a housekeeper nanny are flexible to suit your and your family’s needs. During the consultation process, we will talk about your requirements so we can find the right candidate for your home.
Working hours of a housekeeper nanny
Both nanny housekeepers and housekeeper nannies’ working hours are tailored towards your family’s arrangements. Whether you require traditional 9-to-5 services or after-school support only, we will find a candidate that suits you. We can discuss your requirements with you during our consultation process.
Why Nannies Matter is right for your family
When looking for domestic help, it is important to feel confident that you can entrust your home to somebody who understand your and your household’s needs.
Unlike many other agencies that simply let you know who they have on their books, we will take the time to listen to exactly what you are looking for so we can find the right candidate for you.
During the recruiting process, we will only put forward applicants who match your exact criteria, so your time is not wasted.
Everyone who works at Nannies Matter prides themselves on delivering high standards, which has been recognised by clients who use our services time and time again and recommend us to friends, neighbours and family.
For more information about our services, take a look at our FAQs.
Get in touch
To speak to us about your childcare and housekeeping requirements so we can help you find the right candidate, call us on 0800 121 4881 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.