- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Areas We Cover
- Helpful Info
- Top Tips for Being a Good Nanny
- What is a Nanny Expected to Do? Responsibilities and Activities
- Are Nannies Ofsted Registered?
- What is the Difference Between Nannying and Babysitting?
- What is Basic Housekeeping?
- How Should a Nanny Discipline a Child?
- Employing a Nanny: a Tax Guide for Parents
- How to Be a Good Nanny, and What to Expect From a Childcare Job
- What Insurance Do I Need to Be a Chauffeur?
- Transferable Skills from Nannying
- Housekeeping Skills Checklist: What Do Housekeepers Need?
- Interview Questions for Parents to Ask Nannies
- How to Write a Nannying CV
- What is the Cost of a Nanny Per Day?
- Becoming a Nanny in England
- What Types of Household Staff Are There?
- Things to Get Your Nanny for Christmas
- Do Nannies Get Paid for Holidays?
- What Does “Live-Out Nanny” Mean?
- How Many Children Can a Nanny Look After?
- What Qualifications Do You Need to Become a Nanny?
- Essential Coronavirus Resources for Children and Families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- A Parent’s Guide To Employing A Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
- What Ages Do Nannies Look After?
- What Does a Full-Time Housekeeper Do?
- How to Find a Nanny Near Me
- DBS Nanny UK Checks: Are They Required?
- What Does a Nanny Need in a ‘Toolkit’?
- When Should Nannies Inquire About Pay?
- Can I Pay for Childcare Through My Business?
If you are looking for a live-in nanny to help out with the day-to-day lives of your children, Nannies Matter is here to help you.
What is a Live-In Nanny?
A live-in nanny carries out the same daily tasks as a live-out nanny, however, they typically reside within the family home either in a separate bedroom, or an annex or flat within the grounds of the house. As part of the agreement, food, rent and bills will be included.
Live-in nannies are popular choices for parents with extremely busy schedules that require a reliable and hands-on addition to their household that can take care of their children at all times. If you feel you could benefit from hiring a live-in nanny to help with your household and parental responsibilities, then get in touch today - we’re experts in pairing families with their perfect nanny.
Live-In Nanny Responsibilities
Typically, a live-in nanny will be responsible for the care of your children, along with other general household tasks such as tidying and preparing meals. Their main responsibilities include:
- Preparing children for school
- School drop off and pick up
- Laundry for children
- Changing children's bed sheets
- General tidying
- Supervising homework
- Preparing meals
- Arranging playdates
- Organising appointments
If required, a live-in nanny will be happy to take your children to and from school and oversee responsibility for any after school activities.
The Benefits of a Live-In Nanny
Hiring a live-in nanny is a great solution for families that require a helping hand with their daily routines. Having a reliable and friendly nanny that can become a part of your family and household is a lovely option for busy families that don’t want to put their children in full-time childcare. It also means you can find someone that fits in perfectly with your schedule and provides additional services around the home.
Some of the benefits of a live-in nanny include:
- Your child/children receive one-on-one attention
- It’s incredibly convenient and a nanny can fit in with your schedule
- Your child can remain in a familiar environment and won’t have to change their daily routines
- You can choose to have additional household services to help you out
- Your child will be able to form a close bond with their nanny and will receive
- consistent care from one person, rather than being looked after by multiple people at a nursery or childcare facility
- Your child can receive further education and have after-school activities from the comfort of their own home
- You can have your family’s meals prepared for you
Our live-in nannies work for up to 10 hours a day, usually five days a week, but with the flexibility to provide additional evening or weekend babysitting. This flexibility would be expected by any of our prospective candidates. It is important that you provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular needs of you and your family so that we are able to source the best candidate to suit you.
Working hours and specific roles and responsibilities are also something you can discuss with your potential nanny so you’re able to come to an arrangement that works best for both of you. As experts in the childcare industry, we’re here to help you through every stage of this process
As an integral part of the family set up, a live-in nanny will usually travel with you, if needed, for short term breaks or for longer summer holidays if required. Again, this is something you can discuss with a potential candidate before hiring them to ensure your needs are being met.
Get In Touch
We can help you find an in-house, stay at home nanny in the Home Counties of Surrey, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire – just call us on 0800 121 4881 or fill in our contact form to get started.
If you're hiring for the position of a live-in nanny, be sure to read our tips on how to interview your nanny.