- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Areas We Cover
- Helpful Info
- Essential coronavirus resources for children and families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- A Parent’s Guide To Employing A Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
Here at Nannies Matter, we have been pairing families and live-out nannies for the past 10+ years', so you can be sure that you and your family are in the right hands.
We have a wide range of candidates that are highly skilled and experienced in child care, who are willing to fit around your needs as a family.
Duties of a Live-Out Nanny
Typically, a live-out nanny will be responsible for the general care of your children. This may include:
- Preparing children for school
- School drop off and pick up
- Laundry for children
- Changing children's bedsheets
- General tidying
- Supervising homework
- Preparing meals
- Arranging play dates
- Organising appointments
A live-out nanny would be within a reasonable commuting distance from the family home and travel there on the days that are required.
This can be a more flexible approach for you with the days and hours to suit the family's arrangements. This can be from 8-10 hours five days a week to 5 hours for four days a week. It's up to the family to specify their requirements and we will source the ideal candidates who are happy to work around you as a family.
If only a few hours are required each day, a 'Nanny share' with another family works well for both parties, so you may have the mornings while another family benefits from the nanny's services in the afternoons. This can provide additional stimulus for the children as current trends in activities and learning can be replicated for both families benefit.
If you are preparing to interview a live-out nanny, be sure to read our article on how to interview a nanny.
Contact Us Today
We can provide candidates for you in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Oxfordshire, so speak to us today to discuss your requirements – give us a call on 0800 121 4881 or request a call-back by filling in our contact form.