- Nanny Services
- Housekeeping Services
- Household Services
- Helpful Info
- Essential coronavirus resources for children and families
- Keeping Your Child Safe in the Home
- Employing a Nanny
- 100 Autumn Activities for Kids - Free Printable
- Christmas Wishlist for Kids - Free Printable
- Winter Walks in the Home Counties
- How to Interview Your Nanny
- What Are Nannies and What Do They Do?
- 5 Signs That Your Nanny is a Perfect Fit For Your Family
- Safeguarding Children in your Care
- Childcare During Lockdown: Full Survey Results
- What are the Responsibilities of a Nanny?
- Areas We Cover
Nanny and Childcare Services
If you’re looking for a nanny or help around the home, we can help you find someone suitable for the role throughout the Home Counties of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey and Buckinghamshire. We offer a bespoke approach to ensure that all your family’s requirements are met.
To speak to us about hiring a nanny, housekeeper or another household services role, get in touch today by calling 0800 121 4881, or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
You will let us know what your requirements are in an initial meeting with one of our directors. Following your individual brief, we find a suitable candidate for you. Typically, this includes one of the following:
We are also able to offer specialist types of professional staff in order to cover occasions when additional help is required. This includes:
- Maternity nurses who can help during the daytime
- Night nannies who can allow you to get some much-needed rest, so the time spent with your child is rewarding for you both
- Holiday nannies who can travel with you during a trip, so that you can fully benefit from the break with your family
- Nannies for an overseas placement, whether it is for a fixed period or on an ongoing basis
What is the difference between a nanny and a childminder?
Nannies work from your home and are employed by you. As well as caring for your children, nannies perform other duties, which can include taking care of the children’s washing, cooking, and tidying the playroom, kitchen or children’s bedrooms.
In addition, you are responsible for providing them with payslips, paying their tax and National Insurance contributions, and ensuring they receive holidays, holiday pay and statutory sick/maternity pay.
Childminders, on the other hand, work from their own home, are self-employed and could be responsible for looking after numerous children from different families. Childminders are also usually paid per child, whereas nannies are typically paid by the hour, which is cost-effective if you have more than one child.
What are the benefits of using an agency over finding a nanny privately?
Advertising online for a nanny can be a time-consuming and daunting process. If you’re looking online, it can be difficult to know how to appropriately vet someone, how to perform DBS checks and how to recruit somebody. By using an agency, they will do all the advertising, searching and recruiting for you.
At Nannies Matter, we meet all candidates face-to-face and thoroughly vet them, ensuring you have the peace of mind that you’re letting the right person into your home. If a suitable candidate is not in our database of registered nannies and housekeepers, then we will recruit specifically for you using our trusted and reliable channels.
Unlike other agencies who use separate departments for recruitment, our directors oversee the entire recruitment process to ensure you are placed with the right nanny or housekeeper. Find out more information about our recruitment process here.
For more information about how we can help you find childcare staff, take a look at our FAQs.
Get in touch
To speak to us about your childcare and housekeeping requirements so we can help you find the right candidate, call us on 0800 121 4881 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.